Buy paper online in Raima
In Raima we are specialists in paper! Whether you come to our physical store or buy online, here you will find many types of paper to buy for your manual projects.
Tips for choosing paper for your crafts
In the market, there is a wide range of paper to choose, and it's so wide, that even specialists, artists and craftsmen have multiple options to choose for their creations. In this wide variety of papers, there are considerations that must be taken when selecting the one that suits us best for what we need. Here are some small tips so you can assess what is the role you need.
- Weight. The paper you're going to work with must have the right weight so you can handle it easily. Do you need to fold the paper? If so, how much? Can paper resist a fold or more? Can you manipulate it if you fold it? Bulky and heavyweight paper may not be flexible enough and, on the other hand, those with less grammage may break or not be as consistent as you need. The paper is sold for various attributes, one of them by weight, and when buying it, you should ponder what is the grammage you need for your project.
- Absorption capacity. If you have planned to use glue on paper, have you thought that depending on which one you choose, the glue will act in one way or another? The thinner papers may end up becoming goo, while if the paper is glossy, it may not stick due to lack of absorption. If you do not know how the glue will react on a certain type of paper, consult our specialists or try on a sample before using it on your project.
- Cut. Is the paper you have chosen cut easily with scissors, or are you going to need a special edge along with a ruler and a cutting board? Many papers, when cut, leave filaments on the edges; it's a nice way to create different effects, but is that what you want? If you know what kind of cut you want to get, you can proceed to buy the paper that suits you best; If not, you can consult us at any time.
- Composition. The composition of the paper is very varied, and gives rise to many types of papers; some, for example, are made from mixtures of other papers and materials (recycled paper, for example). This causes different types of textures and finishes: they can have a smooth surface, others rough, textured, etc. Depending on your project, you will use one type of composition or another, since not all of them serve the same purpose!
- Tests. It is very important that before launching yourself to use a paper for your project, try it first, to check if the application you are doing is really going to work. This will avoid upsets, and save you costs.
- Accessories. Do not forget the accessories and the rest of the materials that you have planned (or not) to use in your project. The quality of the paper is important, but just as important is the quality of the brushes, pens, pencils, paints or glues that you will use on it. You can take a look around the store to buy all the accessories you need, we will be happy to assist you.